Monday, February 1, 2016

Daisy

This past week we met an old dog that deserves a mention here.  Daisy was hiking down from Squaw Mountain with her people, finishing a second lap for the day.  Squaw Mountain is 4.1 miles round-trip in the wintertime, and 1,014 foot elevation gain.  I tend to notice dogs before people, and the first thing I noticed about Daisy was her white muzzle.  The second thing I noticed was that she was blind.  Her people confirmed, but let us know that the inability to see doesn't slow her down a bit.  She wasn't even on a leash, and didn't appear to have any trouble following the trail.  When I called her name, she made a beeline for me for some lovin'.  She posed for pictures, then continued on her hike.  It was easy for anyone to "see" that her lack of sight didn't limit her.  Enjoy your hikes, Ms. Daisy!


No comments:

Post a Comment